- INTRODUCTION AND DEFINITIONS In these Rules “the Company” means Third Space Holdings Limited (and all of its subsidiary companies trading as Third Space) which provides the Club and its facilities for the benefit of the Members; “the Club” means “Third Space”; “Member” means a Club Member; “Rules” mean the terms and conditions of membership set out below. It is a condition of membership that Members agree to pay the fees referred to in Rule (2.) and agree to be bound by these Rules. These Rules may be revoked, altered or added to from time to time by the Company, without prior notification to Members. Any such variations will be updated on the Club Rules on our website. The Company has created these Rules for the mutual enjoyment of the Members and their guests. The enforcement of these Rules is for the good of all Members. No Member or guest will be judged on the basis of their race, gender, marital/civil partnership status, age, disability, religion or belief, colour, national origin or sexual orientation.
- MEMBERSHIP AND FEE Members must be at least 18 years of age. Members shall pay when applicable a non-refundable joining fee at the time of joining at the rate specified. Membership payments are payable monthly in advance. Members may prepay for annual 12 month membership – the full amount to be paid prior to membership start date. Monthly subscription runs from the 1st of each month. Payment of monthly membership can only be made by Direct Debit from a UK bank account. Monthly instalments and additional monthly charges are debited between the 3rd – 6th (or next working day) of each calendar month depending on club. Members must keep the Club informed of their up to date contact details. All communications shall be presumed to have been received within 5 days of the postmarked date, or ‘sent’ date if via email. All membership fees are reviewed annually usually on the 1st January, members will be notified of any changes by post giving one full calendar months’ notice. The Company reserves the right to refuse a membership application from any applicant for any reason. Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable, unless there is written agreement to the contrary. ‘Partner’ membership, where applicable, shall be available to partners residing at the same address. Reasonable evidence of joint residence may be required. If any monthly fees or charges incurred are not paid when they fall due, the company reserves the right to temporarily refuse the member access to the club until such time as full payment has been made. If any monthly fees or charges incurred are not paid within 30 days after they are due, the club shall have the right to demand payment in full. If such amounts are not paid within 15 days after such demand, membership shall be terminated and the club may pursue any rights it may have to recover the unpaid amount. The Club reserves the right to refer any missed payments to a debt collection agency and will charge you a fee, in respect of failed subscription payments and/or collection letters sent to you in respect of unpaid amounts. Upon termination of membership, no refund of the admin fee, monthly fees or other fees shall be issued. To re-join the Club after a termination of membership, any unpaid subscriptions must be cleared, a new membership agreement completed and the prevailing admin fee may be charged. Should you wish to transfer your membership to a different Third Space club, a transfer fee is payable and your monthly fee will be amended to reflect your new club’s rate (please see paragraph 15 if joined prior to July 2016). If you transfer clubs within the first 3 months of your membership, you will be required to pay the difference between the joining fee paid when joining your original club and the prevailing joining free at the club you are transferring to (no refunds payable if this is less than originally paid).
- MEMBERSHIP CARDS will be issued to all Members on the provision of ID and must be used to activate the entrance gates at the Concierge to enter the Club. Cards are non-transferable and must not be lent to, or used by, another person other than the Member. If any person other than Member the card belongs to uses the card, that Member’s membership may be terminated and no refunds of the joining fee or subscription will be given. The Club reserves the right to charge a fee for replacement cards. The Company reserves the right to retain any membership card if there has been a defaulted payment by the Member concerned.
- GUEST ENTRY Members may bring guests to the Club on payment of the prevailing guest fee or through use of a valid guest credit (please note; guest credits expire 12 months after issue or on termination of membership). All guests must be accompanied by an existing member. All guests are required to register at the Concierge desk, showing valid ID – 1 guest visit constitutes 1 entry to the club. A guest may use the Club a maximum of 5 times in a consecutive 12 month period. After 5 such visits as a guest, they must become a Member in order to continue using the Club. Members may bring a maximum of 3 guests per visit, unless arrangements have been made in advance. All guests must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests are aware of, and adhere to, the Club Rules. The Company reserves the right to refuse admission to any guest without explanation. Members can also use their guest credit/pay a guest fee to use other Third Space sites up to 5 times per site in any consecutive 12 month period.
- USE OF FACILITIES AND SERVICES Club opening hours are fixed by the Company and are subject to change without prior notice. Weekend membership (where offered) admission; Friday from 2pm until Sunday closing, plus Bank Holidays. The Company may at any time close the Club’s premises or any part thereof, without notice, in order to; execute repairs, alterations, accommodate external events, re-decorations or otherwise, to facilitate Club programmes or on certain holidays. Only members of staff or a nominated 3rd party may provide personal training services within the Club. Members are requested to arrive for appointments and studio classes in good time. An instructor may refuse entry, or may ask any Member to leave a class if they feel theirs, or another’s, safety or enjoyment is in jeopardy. The Company reserves the right to refuse entry to the Club’s premises at its absolute discretion. Where a class is run on the Club token/booking system, entry into that class may not be available if a token has not been collected from Concierge and handed to the instructor/the class has not been booked, and/or the class is full. Please see our Booking Rules for more information. It is the Member’s or guest’s responsibility to ensure that they are capable of undergoing any activity within the Club. All activities and treatments are pursued at the Member’s own risk. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the class programme, the management reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule classes after publication and at short notice. The programme may be amended during public holidays. Members may not use the studios unsupervised outside the class timetable. Use of fitness areas and other Club facilities is at the Member’s or guest’s own risk and under their own medical advice. Proper attire, as determined by the Company, must be worn in the Club – this includes not going topless in the fitness areas. Members are requested to wear at all times appropriate clean footwear in the fitness areas. Appropriate attire must be worn in the restaurant and/or members relaxation area. Footwear must be worn at all times. Members are requested to shower before entering the sauna, steam room, and/or swimming pool. Shaving or exfoliating within the sauna or steam room is not allowed. Pets are not allowed in the Club. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Club. Only food purchased from the club should be consumed within the club. No alcoholic beverages or drugs of any kind may be brought into the Club. Violation of this rule will result in immediate expulsion from the Club and may result in termination of membership. Members or guests shall not use the Club’s facilities whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In the event they do so, this is entirely at their own risk. Mobile phones are allowed in the clubs but should be placed on silent whilst in the gym and changing rooms. Members cannot take photos or videos of other members in the club and considerate of other members when using a mobile phone. In the interest of safety, no glass container may be taken into any fitness areas, pool or changing areas. Be considerate of others; loud or abusive language will not be tolerated. Club property, including towels, toiletries, etc., is provided by the Club as a courtesy to its Members during Club usage only. Removal of Club property from the premises may result in the termination of membership privileges and legal action. Member appointments for medical centre, personal training and spa that have been booked require 24 hours’ notice when cancelling. If a Member fails to attend an appointment without providing such notice, the Club reserves the right to charge the full cost of the appointment. Please see our Booking Rules for more information. Members are required to leave workout areas clean and tidy. As a courtesy to other Members and for health and safety reasons, equipment needs to be replaced in the storage areas/racks provided and equipment must be wiped down after use. Any unused Personal Training sessions or club credit, cannot be refunded.
- LOCKERS Lockers may be available for use by Members and their guests whilst they are on the Club’s premises, subject to availability. Members must ensure that the contents of the daily lockers are removed at the end of their visit. Only Members who have paid to hire a permanent locker may have personal items left in their lockers overnight. Permanent lockers remain the property of the club and under no circumstances can be shared with another member. The club reserves the right to open lockers without the member’s permission or the member being present. All bags must be kept in lockers and should not be taken into the fitness areas. The Company reserves the right to remove the contents from any ‘non-permanent’ locker, which has not been emptied after the visit. Property cleared from lockers, or left on the premises, shall be held for between 10 – 31 days, dependant on storage available onsite. Unclaimed items are donated to charity.
- LIABILITY Neither the Club nor the Company will accept liability for any damage or loss to a Member’s or guest’s personal property brought into the Club’s premises. All activities and treatments are taken at the Member’s or guest’s own risk. Neither the Club, the Company nor their servants and agents shall be liable for personal injury sustained by Members or their guests whilst on the Club’s premises, except in so far as it can be proven that this relates to the wilful act, neglect or default of the Company or the Club or any servants or agents. Members or guests who suffer an accident or injury on the Club premises must report the accident or injury and the circumstances in which it occurred to the Duty Manager immediately following the accident or injury.
- MEMBER’S HEALTH AND SAFETY WARRANTY Members and guests must warrant and represent that they are in good physical condition and capable of engaging in exercise and notify a member of the fitness team immediately in order that Member/guest notes and their programme can be updated or medical clearance obtained. If through injury or other reason, such as pregnancy, this is not the case, they must consult a doctor before engaging in exercise and that he/she knows of no medical or other reason why he/she is not able to engage in active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to his/her health, safety, comfort or physical condition. The Member shall not use any Club facilities whilst suffering from any infectious or contagious illness, disease or other ailment or whilst suffering from a physical ailment such as open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infections where there is a risk that such use may be detrimental to the health, safety, comfort or physical condition of other Members. We recommend that before using the club you familiarise yourself with the fire exits and emergency routes in case of evacuation. Please note that employees are NOT required to “seek & search” the building. Therefore it is the responsibility of each individual to follow the relevant instructions. Please note lifts will not be operational during an emergency evacuation.
- DATA PROTECTION Your data privacy and security are important to us. Please refer to our Privacy Notice which explains how we collect, store and handle your personal data.
- CANCELLATION AND FREEZE OF MEMBERSHIP Monthly membership cancellations must be received by the 1st of each & every month, however cannot be submitted in the same month as joining. A full calendar month’s payment is required which means a minimum of one month and a maximum of 2 months final payment will be necessary depending on the date the cancellation form is received. For example, if a cancellation form is received on the 1st May, only May will be due, however if received on 2nd May both May and June will be due. Requests for cancellation must be made on a cancellation form available at concierge or can be emailed to you. You will receive an email confirmation within 2 working days – until you receive this email the cancellation will not be valid. Membership cannot be amended whilst in the notice period. Verbal instructions to amend or cancel a membership cannot be accepted, all requests must be in writing. Memberships can only be cancelled if subscription collection is active. Monthly fees and/or prepaid fees are not refundable. Ex-members wishing to re-join the club will be asked to pay a joining fee plus any unpaid balance from the previous membership. Please do not send a cancellation form by post. Members wishing to transfer to a club that is currently in pre-sale can only do so once the club is open. They cannot join during pre-sale whilst already a member. Founder members wishing to cancel their membership before their new club opens, can do so with a full refund, less the amount of any credit redeemed and/or any guest passes used (charged at £25 each) this may mean no refund is payable.
Request for freezing shall be at the sole discretion of the Club. There is a monthly fee to freeze. We require 7 days’ notice in writing to freeze a membership and the minimum time for freezing is one month. Members cannot apply to cancel while their membership is frozen. The Company shall have the right to suspend or withdraw Club privileges or membership from any Member who, in their opinion, has abused privileges or conducted himself or herself in a manner deemed detrimental to the Club staff or its Members. Such expulsion or suspension shall become effective immediately and no reimbursement will be issued to such Member of the pro-rated portion of their unused monthly fees. There will be no refund of the joining fee. The Manager or a designee shall have complete charge of the Club whilst on duty. Members may be suspended or expelled from the Club immediately if they display conduct which is, or is likely to be in the sole opinion of the Company, injurious to the character of the Club or the interests of the Members and staff, or if they commit a serious or repeated breach of these Rules, in particular where amounts owing to the Company are unpaid. An expelled Member forfeits all the privileges of the membership and all rights against the Company. An expelled Member will not be entitled to any refund of their joining fee or subscription and must pay all amounts owed to the Company forthwith.
- CCTV Closed circuit cameras operate throughout the Club (except in the changing areas) and underwater CCTV cameras are used in our swimming pools (see our Privacy Notice for more information). Any unlawful activity within the Club may be reviewed for possible legal action.
- STANDARD COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE Members and guests are encouraged to make any comment or complaint via the comment cards located at Concierge. Please ensure that all contact details are detailed on the card in order that a member of the team can contact you accordingly to discuss. Should a Member or guest wish to discuss any issue in person they can also request to speak to the manager on duty who can be contacted by Concierge. Members and guests may also contact the General Manager. It is our aim that we respond within 48 hours of receiving a comment or complaint. All written and verbal complaints are discussed at the club’s morning team meeting every weekday and tracked until resolved.
- GENERAL The Company may assign the benefit of the Membership Agreement to a third party at any time without notice to the Member. A person who is not party to the Membership Agreement has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce any term of the Membership Agreement. The Company may communicate with the Members via electronic mail (“email”) and/or by SMS as set out in our Privacy Notice. Members are required to leave the fitness floors 20 minutes before closing times if they wish to take a shower. Members are required to vacate swimming pool/sauna and steam room areas 20 minutes before closing times to allow them to take shower. Once a year our clubs may have to close over a weekend for general maintenance.
- CLUB CREDITany credit added to a membership account can be redeemed at all Third Space Clubs. It cannot be exchanged wholly or in part for cash. The clubs reserve the right to amend/withdraw the validity of credit without prior notification. Credit is valid at the following places; beauty treatments and products at both our spas, The Pearson Room restaurant in Canary Wharf, Natural Fitness Food, Personal Training sessions, Soho Pilates sessions, and apparel. Guest passes can also be purchased with club credit. Credit cannot be used for the following; physiotherapy and osteopathy at Canary Wharf or against membership subscription. Credit is non-transferable. Member credit is valid for 1 year. Please mention credit at time of booking a service. Referral credit: you will receive club credit for every new member who mentions your name at point of joining, however credit is not available in the following circumstances; in conjunction with any other offer, for ex-members re-joining the club within 2 years of leaving, new joiners who were previously in communication with the club, members joining together cannot refer each other, couples paying only one joining fee cannot refer each other. Memberships must be active for credit to be redeemed. Please note:Credit can take up to 2 weeks to be added to a members account once the new joiner’s membership has become active. Any unused Personal Training sessions or club credit cannot be refunded once you leave the club.
- COMPLIMENTARY GROUP UPGRADE JUNE 2016. Members who received a complimentary group upgrade will lose their group status if they cancel their membership and subsequently re-join any Third Space Club. Likewise, members wishing to transfer to another Third Space club will also lose their complimentary upgrade. Group membership will include new clubs coming on line. Weekend members will be able to use other clubs during the weekend membership opening hours; Friday from 2pm until Sunday closing, plus Bank Holidays.
LITTLE SPACE CLUB RULES
Definitions: ‘Adult’ – Third Space member who is at least 18 years of age. ‘Little Space area’ – the area beyond the glass sliding door marked ‘Little Space’.
- CHILD MEMBERSHIP.
Child memberships are available for children age 0-17. Age 0-2 Child membership rate increases on the 1st of the month following the child’s 3rd birthday. A child membership will end on the child’s 18th birthday.
Child membership is only available and, can only be live, if linked to at least one live Adult member of the Islington Club who is the child’s parent of legal Guardian. Child membership allows access into the Little Space area of Third Space only (subject to restrictions in clause 4 & 5). A Child Registration form must be completed by one of the Adults linked to the child membership, for each child membership, before the child can access Little Space.
- Supervisor card
Supervisor card is only available, and can only be live, as an add-on to a live child membership. Holders of a supervisor membership must be at least 18 years of age.
‘Supervisors’ are only permitted entry into Little Space when they are supervising the child/children they are linked to. They are only permitted to use the family pool when attending a pre-paid ‘parent and baby’ swim course. They are permitted to wait in Little Space while the child/children they are linked to are taking part in a supervised activity within Little Space.
The supervisor card only allows access into the Little Space area of Third Space, subject to the provisions above. Access to the Third Space adult area can be gained by accompanying a member on a guest pass or paying a guest fee. Failure to comply with the supervisor card terms will result in termination of all memberships associated with the card.
- Pool usage
Family Pool: Children age 0-11 must be supervised in the family pool by an Adult. One Adult must not supervise any more than three children at a time. ‘Supervisor’ members are only permitted to use the family pool when attending a pre-paid ‘parent and baby’ swim course with their linked child.
Adult Pool: Children aged 0 – 11 years old can only use the adult pool if they are taking part in a swimming lesson taught by a Third Space swimming instructor. Lessons will be at designated times set by the Club.
Children aged 12-17 years old are not permitted in the family or adult pool.
Children who are not toilet trained must wear swimming nappies when using the pool.
- Access and supervision
An Adult is only permitted access to Little Space if they have a child member who is linked to their account.
Children of all ages are only permitted entry to Little Space if accompanied by an Adult or ‘supervisor’ member linked to their membership.
Children aged 12-17 are permitted in the Little Space lounge and changing area only. Children in this age group are not required to be supervised by an Adult or ‘supervisor’ whilst in Little Space.
Children aged 11 and under must be supervised by an Adult or ‘supervisor’ (linked to their membership) while in Little Space, unless they are attending a signed in, supervised activity.
While using Little Space, children must not put themselves or other people in danger or prevent others from enjoying Little Space or its facilities. If your child is behaving unreasonably, we have the right to speak to you, your child, or their supervising adult, about the behaviour.
We will arrange to meet with you to discuss the issue if your child continues to behave unreasonably, whether on one visit to the club or over a number of visits to the club. If we cannot sort out the issue during the meeting, we have the right to suspend the child from using Little Space.
If we suspend your child from using Little Space and you wish to appeal against this, you may appeal in writing to the Managing Director at our Head Office.
- Guest Passes
Little Space Guest Passes are £25.00 per visit
The Guest Pass must be linked to an Adult member of Third Space and that Adult member must have a child member who is linked to their account (in order to have access to the Little Space area, as per clause 4). The same child can only attend on a guest pass 5 times per year. Children on guest passes will not be able to book into classes. A Child Registration Form must be completed by the guest’s parent/carer prior to their guest visit.
- Health & Safety
Unless you instruct us otherwise on the Child Registration Form, we will assume that all members included on the ‘family’ membership (including any ‘supervisor’) have permission to collect the child from activities. We reserve the right to check ID/details against our membership system prior to pick up.
- Photographs and videos
You must not take photographs or videos of any kind in the Little Space facilities including, but not limited to; the changing area, pool, toilet, lounge or crèche facility.
If you are seen to be taking photographs or filming, we may ask you to show us any images which you have taken within Little Space or the Club and to delete them if appropriate. If a member of our team asks you to stop filming or taking photographs you must do so.
- Food and drink
Only food and drink bought at Natural Fitness Food can be eaten in Little Space.
1ST JANUARY TO 31ST JANUARY 2020 JOINING AND REFERRAL OFFER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Join Third Space Canary Wharf Club Only (not group) before 31st January 2020 and pay no joining fee.
- New Group Members are still eligible to pay a one off joining fee of £100 or purchase PT by DD. This offer only applies to new joiners plus ex-members who have not been a member for more than 2 months.
- Refer a friend to join Third Space in January and receive £50 credit. New referrals only, retrospective referrals will not be eligible for the promotion. Ex-members re-joining Third Space do not qualify for this referral offer. Credit will be awarded once the referral process is complete, but can take up to 14 days to appear on your account.
- These offers are subject to availability and Third Space reserves the right to withdraw or amend them at any time without notice, including in the event of fraudulent activity. These offers are non-transferable, non -exchangeable and no cash alternative is available and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
All offers are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to exclude or restrict any person’s statutory rights as a consumer. Details are accurate at time of print. Advance payment for January cannot be used as your notice payment. We require one full and final calendar month payment following notice given. All other contract conditions apply.