Third Space is a collection of luxury health clubs in London; individual in style, bound by a common philosophy: to provide outstanding fitness spaces that members feel are their own. Our people are the creators that bring the space to life. We’re a team of motivators, inventors, and coaches; always striving to grow and evolve. It’s not just a job, it’s a lifestyle. We inspire our members to fulfil their lives and they rely on us…and we wouldn’t have it any other way. This is our space.
With the opening of brand new, extraordinary clubs in inspiring locations across London, alongside the development of a compelling Employee Value Proposition, this is the time to come on board the People team at a company that genuinely strives to be the Best in Class. We’re looking for a People Partner who will partner with GMs and Head of Departments and be an integral part of club leadership.
You’ll be working alongside the People Director, Head of Talent and People team to deliver the People Agenda through regular discussion and engagement with your clubs, sharing insights and spotting trends and opportunities which will help shape future people team goals. This is a true generalist role but we are ideally looking for someone who will take a lead specialism in Employee Relations, where you’ll be responsible for our central approach and guidance. You’ll establish yourself as the people team expert and take ownership for all escalated support, as well as engage in additional education and networking in your specialist area in addition to:
On-boarding and Re-boarding
- You’ll champion a smooth and effective onboarding experience for all new starters from offer to completion of probation.
- You’ll provide support to your managers with probation review processes, ensuring all clubs complete to a high quality within the relevant time periods. You’ll also ensure that any non-confirmations are dealt with in a timely and supportive manner.
- You’ll also be proactive in ensuring that support is provided for all new managers (external hire and promotes) to fully introduce them to all Third Space People support.
Talent, Learning & Development
- You’ll actively promote a culture of on-going feedback and development including annual Feedback and Goal Setting
- You’ll be supporting your clubs to diagnose learning and development gaps and partner them on interventions
- You’ll partner with your GM’s to support and facilitate talent reviews and complete succession planning with the People Director ensuring club succession actions are implemented and reviewed. You’ll also provide on-going updates to individual development requirements in line with agreed review points.
- You’re responsible for tracking and consistency of delivery of all ER cases (grievance, disciplinary, performance/capability, absence) across the business.
- You’ll provide support and guidance to the People Team on case management queries and have a central awareness of all cases, regularly reporting to People Director.
- You’ll have full ownership of all ER related documentation including our Team Member Handbook, Contracts, Template Letters and Guidelines, and ER elements within Benefits Guide.
- You’ll take ownership for delivery of any ad hoc broad ER changes i.e. contractual changes, TUPE
- With support from People Director, you’ll also lead on preparation for all escalated ER cases
Engagement, Recognition & Wellbeing
- Alongside your General Managers, you’ll continuously champion and seek opportunities to improve engagement with clubs, using insights from team feedback and engagement survey to direct focus and action planning
- You’ll ensure our engagement survey is a reflective view and provide useful insights by promoting completion and integrity, supporting leadership to interrogate data, action plan/reviews and share best practices.
- You’ll ensure all recognition and communication tools are delivered consistently throughout your clubs.
- You’ll always remain connected with your clubs and any team sentiment and dynamics, being the champion for team member wellness and mental health signposting, as required.
We’re looking for an experienced HR practitioner, ideally with a solid generalist background but a particular passion for Employee Relations. Ideally, you have experience engaging with and developing the competency of a diverse group of people. You’ll need to have and be able to demonstrate your experience working in a fast-paced, deadline driven, customer focused environment as well as your ability to provide quality HR support.
More specifically you’ll have-
- Experience in dealing with employee relations issues, including disciplinary, grievances and appeals;
- Experience in the development and management of key HR processes in line with best practices;
- Experience and ability in designing and delivering presentations/ training workshops to team members and managers;
- Strong knowledge of Employment law, with the ability to interpret and advise on new legislation;
- Ability to build strong rapport with stakeholders to gain trust and respect;
- Ability to analyse complex data and literature to understand potential impact; including Microsoft Excel reports, e.g. on sickness absence or turnover, as well and interpret internal employment contracts, external contractual agreements and settlement agreements
We are a mission and values led business and dedicated to building a high-performance culture. We’re a friendly, supportive and enthusiastic group of people and we celebrate diversity and authenticity. In return for your hard work, we have a generous salary to offer and both you, and a friend or family member will be given a complimentary Group membership which will give you access to all of our clubs. We have a wide and varied range of additional benefits which include discounted rates across our Spa, Medical, Nutrition and Hospitality brands to ensure that your health and wellbeing stays central to everything that we do. Additionally, you’ll be rewarded with a good holiday allowance, study support and quarterly team away days to have input to the overall People strategy.
If you’re interested in joining a luxury, entrepreneurial and people centric business and keen to understand the workings of a high performing HR team, this could be the opportunity for you.
Click here to apply now.