Third Space is a collection of luxury health clubs in London; individual in style, bound by a common philosophy: to provide outstanding fitness spaces that members feel are their own. Our people are the creators that bring the space to life. We’re a team of motivators, inventors, and coaches; always striving to grow and evolve. It’s not just a job, it’s a lifestyle. We inspire our members to fulfil their lives and they rely on us…and we wouldn’t have it any other way. This is our space.
With the opening of brand new, extraordinary clubs in inspiring locations across London, alongside the in-sourcing of our housekeeping proposition, this is the time to come on board as Group Housekeeping Manager at a company that genuinely strives to be the Best in Class. We’re looking for a Group Housekeeping Manager to provide leadership, support and motivation to the housekeeping team and ensure that they maintain high standards of excellence across all our Clubs.
• Ensure appropriate levels of staffing across each location, and that the housekeeping team deliver an effective and time efficient service
• Lead all manpower planning and staffing processes from attraction to on-boarding with support from the People Team
• Design and roll-out team member training; including inductions, health & safety, technical, behavioural
• Maintain effective and professional relationship with key stakeholders, including the local management team,
• Liaise regularly with the General Managers and Operations Managers
• Rota’s to follow the respective clubs heat maps so that resource matches visits
• Formulate and deliver benefits package and training for Housekeeping team
Standards & Procedures
• Ensure that the cleanliness at all our Third Space locations are of the highest standard and consistent throughout all our sites
• To organise deep-cleaning duties when required
• Assist housekeeping team to meet their daily targets
• Develop, plan and drive initiatives targeted at achieving process efficiency and reducing costs
• Develop a standard process for all management for reviewing and auditing the standards across the group and to continually maintain and govern consistent services across the business portfolio
• Ensure that the Company Brand Values & Standards are upheld
• Be involved in the laundry tender processes for new and existing clubs by providing supportive information, such as the analysis and trends of usage.
• Lead the definition and delivery of the long term Housekeeping approach including insourcing of required services.
• Ensure all team members offer the highest level of customer service at all times, that they project a professional image, respond in a timely manner to all client requests and display a positive approachable demeanour
• Responsible for maintaining equipment and materials across the group to ensure effective service delivery
• Gain client feedback on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met in regards to cleaning, laundry quality etc.
• Have a strong financial awareness and work within agreed budget guidelines on team costs and consumables, and to cooperate in any action necessary so as to keep to budget
• Ensure that all housekeeping consumables are accounted for managed across the group and stock takes are carried out on a regular basis; monitor stock purchasing and control at all times
• Analysis of the use of consumables to ensure we are getting best value and product from suppliers, including equipment and chemicals
• Accomplish financial objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections, to ensure the smooth and successful cleaning operation of each club , while also remaining inside each clubs budget
• Make recommendations for future and in-house laundry services
We’re ideally looking for an experienced Housekeeping Manager, or someone with management experience in the cleaning and facility industry – someone who has recruited, developed, managed and mentored people. You’ll also need to be a good communicator, able to work well under pressure, prioritise and use initiative. You’ll have a meticulous attention to detail and be excited about exceptional cleaning standards. You’ll be committed to best practice, innovation and change and ensure that we have the right tools for the job.
In amongst the madness of working in a fast growing, high performing business, we will pay you a market-leading salary, you and a friend or family member will be given a complimentary Group membership which will give you access to all of our clubs and we will actively encourage you to use your additional benefits which include discounted rates across our Spa, Medical, Nutrition and Hospitality brands to ensure that your health and wellbeing stays central to everything that we do.
If you’re interested in joining a luxury, entrepreneurial and people-centric business and keen to understand the workings of a high performing HR team, this could be the opportunity for you. Click here to apply now.