Prep time: 20-30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
For tomato and basil sauce:
500g tin chopped tomato or tomato passata
1 medium onion
6 garlic cloves
1 small red chilli
1 small carrot
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small bunch of fresh basil
1 tablespoon maple or agave syrup
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Finely dice your onion, garlic, carrot and chilli.
- Heat your saucepan with 3 tablespoon of olive oil, add diced onion, garlic, carrot and chilli. Sweat them on medium heat for 3-5min.
- Add in passata and cook for 30 min on low heat, keep mixing from time to time. In the meantime, prepare your meatballs.
- Add maple or agave syrup to reduce sourness of sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and fresh crack black pepper.
- Mix in chopped fresh basil just before serving.
- Cool down before blending or keep it chunky.
300g mince chicken or turkey breast
300g mince chicken or turkey thighs
1 ½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- Place your mince chicken breast and mince chicken thighs into a mixing bowl.
- Season mince with salt, pepper and chilli flakes (optional add some mixed herbs).
- Combine all together and leave to stand for 15 min in the fridge.
- Roll the mixture into 20 equal-size balls.
- Fill up saucepan with water and bring to boil, add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Cook the balls in salted boiling water for 8-10 min.
- Remove the balls from the water and add into tomato and basil sauce, cook for 3 min before serving.
Serve with pasta of your choice.
Of which sugars: 8.4g
*Recipe provided by our chefs at Natural Fitness Food.