Serves: 2 (3-4 small pancakes per portion)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 scoop NFF coconut whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ banana, mashed
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond/coconut milk
- In large bowl whisk together coconut flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat nut butter, eggs, honey, banana and almond milk together until smooth and well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and mix together. Note: If you find that the batter is too thick (almost paste like), you can add in a teaspoon or two of milk until it is smooth, but still thick.
- Lightly coat a large non-stick skillet or griddle with butter or coconut oil and place over medium low heat (coconut flour is sensitive to burning so medium-low heat is best).
- Drop about 3 tablespoons of the batter onto the skillet; you may need to use a spoon to spread out the batter just a little. It’s important not to place more than 3 tablespoons of batter at a time; the pancakes can be hard to flip if they are too large, so smaller pancakes are best. It’s very important to cook until bubbles appear on top and the edges are well cooked. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside, 2 minutes. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with your desired toppings – we love Greek yoghurt and warmed berries.
To order your NFF coconut protein powder as well as our other flavours and shake bases, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org