Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 20-30 min
Serves: 4-5 people
Ingredients for chicken:
1 large lemon – washed
4 chicken breasts (4x 200g)
1 tsp. tarragon
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. black pepper
For beetroot salad:
500g broccoli (normal, romanesco, tendersteam or purple sprouting)
150g goats cheese
¼ red onion
2 tbsp. coriander
2 tbsp. mint
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Marinade chicken breast with lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper and tarragon.
- Roast beetroots and onion whole in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Grill each side of your chicken for 2-3 minutes in a pan and then roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cut and blanch broccoli in salted boiling water for 4 minutes, remove to cold water. Pat dry and add to the oven tray containing the beetroots to crisp up. Approx. 5 minutes.
- Remove beetroots, cut off both ends and peel. Cut into cubes and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Blanch your peas and add to the bowl.
- Remove your broccoli from the oven and add to the bowl.
- Finely chop your coriander & mint, and then add to the bowl.
- Add your olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss and serve up.
- Remove your chicken from the oven, cut into slices and serve.
- Crumble over goat’s cheese and enjoy.