Prep time: 1.5 hours
Cook time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 people
Ingredients for salmon:
50g sweet white miso
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon garlic pure
½ teaspoon ginger pure
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or tamari
1 tablespoon good quality harissa paste
2 pieces spring onion sliced
4 salmon fillet skin less (4x 200g)
For salmon marinade:
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Marinade 4 salmon pieces (800g) for 2 hours.
- Roast salmon in the oven at 220 degrees C for 15 min (optional: sprinkle on top some sesame seeds before roasting).
¼ head of white cabbage – slice
1 carrot peeled and julienned
1 teaspoon coriander chopped
1 red bell pepper – seeds removed sliced
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar or cider
- Toss all sliced vegetables together.
- Drizzle on your vinegar or cider, add salt and pepper to taste and toss again.
Ingredients for rice:
300g white basmati rice
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ginger (chopped or grated)
2 tablespoons chopped coriander
For ginger and coriander rice:
- Wash 300g of white basmati rice in cold water and drain.
- Bring 2 litres of water to boil and add the teaspoon of salt.
- Add rice and chopped or grated ginger.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes on low heat.
- Strain the rice through a fine mesh sieve and mix with chopped coriander.
Ingredients for broccoli:
1 medium head broccoli
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Salt and black pepper
For sesame roasted broccoli:
- Wash and cut broccoli into florets.
- Place on baking tray.
- Season with salt, black pepper and sesame oil.
- Roast in the oven for 10-14 min at 180-200 degrees C.
Ingredients for tomatoes:
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/4” piece of ginger, finely grated
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 packed tablespoons dark muscovado sugar
- Coarse sea salt and black pepper
- Place the tomato halves on a parchment-lined baking sheet, skin side down. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt, black pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes at 140 degrees C.
- Place the ginger, chili, garlic, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl. Mix to form a paste, then spoon this on top of the tomatoes. Cook for 35 minutes at 140 degrees C, or until the tomatoes are caramelized, and set aside to cool.