Natural Fitness Food’s Secret Granola Recipe
450g gluten free oats
250g almonds, raw, skin on
180g agave syrup
180g apple sauce
120g sunflower seeds
120g sesame seeds
100g coconut palm sugar
50g desiccated coconut or toasted coconut chips
45g olive oil
10g cinnamon powder
5g ginger powder
- Peel & chop the cooking apples & place into a saucepan. Add 500ml of water & cook for 10-15 minutes over a low heat or until soft & mushy and put to one side. (or buy a can if you prefer)
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Now add the apple sauce and mix in.
- Spread the mixture thinly over metal baking trays & bake for 20-30 minutes at 160 degrees. Checking every 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven, give it a little mix around to avoid large clusters forming, and leave to cool.
- Once cool, pack into sealed containers or jars.
Of which sugars: 10.6g
*Recipe provided by our chefs at Natural Fitness Food.