Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
5 garlic cloves
500g chopped tomato or tomato passata
1 tin black-eyed beans
½ teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon chipotle paste
1 tablespoon tamari sauce
1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Finely dice your onion and garlic.
- Heat your saucepan with 2 tablespoon of olive oil, add diced onion and garlic, sweat them on a medium heat for 3-5min. In the meantime, prepare your spices (sea salt, crack black pepper, smoked paprika and cumin powder).
- Add spices into saucepan with onion and garlic, fry them together for another 30-60 sec.
- Add in tin chopped tomato or tomato passata.
- Open and rinse your black-eyed beans, add the beans into saucepan and cook for 20 min, keep mixing from time to time.
- Add chipotle paste together with tamari, balsamic vinegar, maple or agave syrup, coconut sugar and cook for another 10-15min.
- Season to taste.
Serve with poached eggs, scramble egg or egg frittata.
Of which sugars: 18.8g
*Recipe provided by our chefs at Natural Fitness Food.