Ingredients for pesto:
1 cup/handful of basil leaves
1/4 cup or 35g of pine nuts
1/4 cup or 60ml of extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp. of salt
Ingredients for frittata:
10 medium sized eggs
1 1/2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken
8 cherry tomatoes
100g bag of baby spinach
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Heat a 10 inch cast iron skillet or appropriate non-stick pan to a medium heat.
- Blitz all pesto ingredients in a food processor or blender and then chop cherry tomatoes in half.
- Melt a knob of butter into your pan and then add in the spinach.
- When the spinach has wilted (optional: cover with a lid to steam the spinach and speed up the process) add the pesto and shredded chicken. Stir to incorporate.
- Crack and whisk your eggs until very light and then add to the skillet.
- Place your chopped cherry tomatoes on top and then place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then broil for 5 minutes to get the top nice and golden.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy.
Of which sugars: 2.2g
*Recipe provided by our chefs at Natural Fitness Food.