We are delighted to be welcoming you to our very first Run This Space event this Saturday the 1st. We are celebrating all things Third Space with this exciting site to site 13km run with urban running club, Run Dem Crew. Raising money for Save the Children, this run will take you through the contemporary architecture of Canary Wharf, to the iconic views at Tower Bridge and culminate in the creative hub of London- Soho. Our post run festival will include restoration Yoga sessions, delicious food from Natural Fitness Food, tea mocktails from Amanzi tea, bubbly from Laurent Perrier and much more!
This run is open to members and non-members
Each participant must choose a Wave when choosing their ticket. These are in place to ensure everyone enjoys a healthy, safe and fun run.
RUN THIS PACE (WAVES): Please remember you can only run in the wave you have booked in for. Please also note pacers have been chosen to manage the pace set out below – if you feel you cannot keep pace/ or are unwell and would prefer to not continue. Please let your pacer know and they can advise you how best to continue.
- Elite – can complete a 10km in 40-45 mins- registration at 10.20am – run at 11am
- Intermediate – can complete a 10km in 50-55 mins- registration at 10.30am – run at 11.10am
- Party Pacers – can complete a 10km in 1hr -1.05mins- registration at 10.40am – run at 11.20am
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY:
Registration will involve the below and will take approximately 40mins.
- Meet at concierge at Canary Wharf 5 minutes prior to your registration time
- Registration will take place in The Pearson Room restaurant located across from concierge
- Sign in with your printed event brite ticket at your allocated time. Remember no ticket swaps allowed and you must run in your wave
- Collect your Nike x TS limited edition t-shirt, coloured group wrist bands and drop your bag
- We will have bag transport available. One bag per attendee, please do not include any valuables. Third Space do not accept responsibility for bags on route. Bag transport will leave promptly at 11.15am
- After registration a member of staff will bring the wave up to Sports hall for warm up
- 10 minute warm up in our sports hall
- In order to identify staff and pacers, we will be wearing BLACK wristbands with Third Space printed on them. Pacers will also wear Run Dem Crew tshirts and Third Space will be in all black clothing.
- Please note you will only be allowed to race in your pre assigned wave. Any late arrivals may be refused entry
- This is an outdoor urban run and so is open to the elements – rain, sun, wind and of course people and traffic. The pacers are there to ensure your safety so please follow their lead if a need arises to stop or walk.
- Each wave will have assigned coloured wristbands and dedicated pacers to ensure groups stay together. Please stick with your pacer – even if you feel you can go faster -as they are there to ensure you have the best possible run. They will set the pace according to the above times.
- Throughout the run you will be guided through some of London’s most iconic locations but will also be shown some of London’s hidden gems – so be sure to bring your phones along and use our dedicated #runthisspace
- There will be music on the run, provided and curated specifically for this run so please avoid using headphones as this can be a Health and Safety concern.
- At TOWER BRIDGE we will have an outdoor based, mid run challenge. We will be using the Scoop area beside Tower Bridge club to do our Scoop Steps challenge – this will take approximately 5 minutes at which time you can also grab a water to hydrate (this will be approx. 6km into the run). Please ensure you do not stray from the group as post challenge each wave will continue their run to Soho
- SOHO: on your arrival at Soho club you will enter our Run This Space festival. This is your time to reward yourself for completing the run. We will have:
- Post run stretching sessions every 15 minutes outside our Sherwood Studio from 12.30
- Restoration Yoga session every half an hour from 12.30 – 2.30pm in our Sherwood Studio
- express 15minute sports massages in our Medical centre from 12.30pm
- Braid bar or blow dry station in the female changing room
- Cologne spritz from Murdocks in male changing room
- Mini mani’s from Cowshed in the red couch zone
- Murdock’s express beard trim in the red couch zone
- Food and drink from Natural Fitness food, Amanzi tea, Laurent Perrier and Pip and Nut will be available on the glass floor
- On your arrival at Soho, please register with our FOH staff who will direct you around the club
- Your bags will be available from 1pm at reception
- After you collect your bag, you can store your belongings in our lockers but please bring a padlock for this
- Keep your wristband with you at the party either on your wrist or post shower if it falls off, hold on to it as it will allow staff to identify you and make access to activities easier
- By signing up to the race, each participant guarantees that they are in full working health and are able to complete an endurance race with added challenge
- If mid run , you experience any problems or emergencies please alert your pacer who can best help
- If you choose to not finish the race, please make your way to our Soho club to collect your bag and join the party
- You must be over 18 to participate
- No refund can be given if the race has to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside the race organisers’ control
- The race organisers, sponsors, charities, suppliers and/or their agents will not be liable for any injury, loss or expense which may arise in consequence of your participation in this event save as to negligence
- It is advisable to carry an Oyster card and small amount of change should you wish to drop out and continue to Soho via the Tube
- We strongly recommend that you do not race wearing headphones, you need to be fully aware of the surroundings
- Pacers have the authority to disqualify and remove any runner they consider to be acting dangerously, or to be unfit to compete
- There can be no transfer of tickets purchased
- Can members who do not run attend the party at Soho? Yes
- Can members invite guests to the party? Non-members can attend the party only if they participate in the run
- Can I drop out of the run mid run? Yes but if you do so by choice, please make your way to Soho to collect your bag. If it is due to injury, please alert a pacer
- What should I do if I feel unwell during the run? We ask that all participants who partake ensure they are healthy enough to complete a 13km run with added challenge and choose a wave to suit their level, however if you feel unwell or have an emergency mid race please approach one of your pacers who can help you
- Will the Canary Wharf and Soho club be opened for members? The clubs will function as normal with some restrictions. At Canary Wharf the Sports Hall will be occupied until 11.30am. At Soho we will have increased activity on the Glass Floor, Sherwood and Brewer Studio, the red sofa area, changing rooms and the general FOH from 12.30 -3.30pm. Members who are training at this time are more than welcome to join the party if they so wish.
- Will there be water on the run? Yes you will be able to hydrate at Tower Bridge approx. 6km into the run.
- I am ill, injured or unable to run – what do I do? Please inform Third Space via Eventbrite no later than one week prior to the race.
- Can I change my start to be with my partner/friend/etc? Unfortunately you must stick with the wave you chose when signing up.
- What do I need to bring with me? Participants can have one small bag that Third Space will transfer from Canary Wharf to Soho. Once at Soho you can use our changing room facilities to shower and freshen up. Feel free to bring water/other forms of hydration/refuel if you wish. Please bring a padlock to store your bag at Soho.
- Travelling to Canary Wharf? The best option is to use the Tube or DLR. Canary Wharf is located in Zone 2 on the Jubilee line or you can use the DLR – Heron Quays or Canary Wharf. Paid parking is available and there are multiple bike docking stations if you so wish.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for information on upcoming events, advice and tips on your training.